BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 5/40 on Sugar Detox aka Lent

So far so good on giving up sugar. Since I gave up sugar (as well as aspartame and high fructose corn syrup) I don't drink any pop. Well on day 2 I started getting bad headaches on and off throughout the day. I'm assuming that it was a caffeine headache since I hadn't had any caffeine since I started. By day 3, however, it was fine again and I was completely fine and without cravings until about day 4. My boyfriend bought a slurpee and we were driving home from my parents house which is an hr and a half away. So I get myself an unsweetened iced tea which tasted horrible to my pallet. I like sweet! I was craving his slurpee so bad and was holding myself back from just reaching to the cup holder and saying "screw it" and taking a drink. But I didn't!

If I had to complain about something, it would be the lack of sugar-free options out there in the beverage world. If I am on the run or stop at a fast food place (filet o'fish on Friday!) there are literally no options besides water and unsweetened tea to drink. Even the waters that are "naturally flavored" like Propel have aspartame in them. I don't know about anyone else but I am still not too sure about aspartame. I don't trust food that is fake and made in laboratories.

But I have to admit, to all my readers, that I did NOT go all 5 days without sugar. Yesterday was Sunday and according to Google (I haven't been to church in awhile lol so I'm not sure if this is legit or not but I remember doing it as a child) you are allowed to have whatever it is you gave up on Sundays since it's considered a day of "feasting". Well heck, I wasn't going to argue with that, so I got a coke. One bottle of coke and it took me all day to drink it. It wasn't AMAZING like I thought it would be, after being off sugar for 5 days. But it did taste pretty good. I sipped on it throughout the day so I didn't go crazy eating all sugar in sight. HOWEVER, once I had that pop I noticed that it took me awhile to get to sleep last night. It made me think and realize that all the nights that I went without sugar I was sleeping almost as soon as my head hit the pillow, which is great.

So today, being Monday, I am back to being sugarless and this week I have to go 6 days without sugar before I even get to a Sunday, so we will see how it goes. I will keep you posted!

XOXO

1 comments:

............. said...

OMG! how mean of your BF to even drink a slurpie near you! :O didnt he know how tempting it is for you?!..kudos to you for not giving in though! :)

your doing just bunderfully!..i could never kill off coca cola for a month!..by the end of the first day i would be begging for mercy,lol!..im an unrepentant coke addict!

keep it up sweets! were all proud of you! :)